No New Haven homeowner wants to deal with a cockroach problem. Cockroaches are more than just a nuisance pest; they can be a danger to you and anyone in your household. They are known to spread E.coli and salmonella, along with many other bacteria. They transmit parasitic worms and other dangerous pathogens and can trigger allergic reactions and asthma attacks, especially in young children and the elderly.
But how do you keep cockroaches under control? How can you even tell if you have cockroaches in your home? The trained professionals at Connecticut Pest Elimination, LLC will walk you through how to spot a cockroach problem, how to prevent a cockroach problem, and what you can do if you already have one.
How Do You Know If You Have Cockroaches?
Cockroaches aren’t always easy to spot. They are nocturnal and tend to remain in dark, secluded areas like cabinets, closets, basements, and other dark corners. Even if you have a cockroach infestation, you are more likely to see signs of cockroaches than an actual cockroach. These signs include:
- Shed skin
- Egg capsules
- Musty odors
- Smear marks
If you see any of these signs around your home, it is a good indication that you have a cockroach problem.
How Do You Prevent Cockroaches?
If you haven’t seen any signs of a cockroach infestation, consider yourself lucky. Your attention should turn to prevent a cockroach problem in the future. The best way to get rid of cockroach infestation is to stop it from happening. Follow these tips to help keep cockroaches out of your home:
- Deep clean your home. This includes hard-to-reach and forgotten places like behind the stove and in the backs of cabinets.
- Kitchen cleanliness is key. Store food in airtight containers, don’t leave food out overnight and clean your counters and appliances regularly.
- Eliminate clutter and remove anything that could serve as shelter for cockroaches. This includes cardboard and paper products left lying around in areas like the garage or basement.
- Empty your trash regularly and spray your trash can with disinfectant every time you change the bag.
- Remove entry points that could be letting roaches inside. This includes sealing any cracks and crevices around your home, making sure windows are securely sealed, and ensuring there are no gaps around utility pipes that roaches could squeeze through.
Following these basic steps will go a long way to preventing a major cockroach issue around your home.
What Should You Do If You See Signs Of Cockroaches?
If you do see signs of cockroaches around your home, your first step should be to call Connecticut Pest Elimination, LLC With more than 25 years of experience, we know how to handle any pest problem your New Haven home may have. Prior to our arrival, we will work with you to determine areas of concern, including having you send us pictures of any pest infestations you may have already seen. With this information, we will be able to get right to work upon our arrival. If your home does require a thorough inspection before treatment, we will waive our inspection fee if you opt for same-day treatment.
We offer a variety of treatment options to fit both your budget and your needs. If one of our pest control packages doesn’t fit your needs, we offer fully customizable individual plans as well. And all our treatments come with our Pest-Free Guarantee, meaning that if two weeks after treatment you still have a roach problem, we will come back and retreat for free until the problem is taken care of. Let the professionals at Connecticut Pest Elimination, LLC take care of your cockroach problem so you and your family can go on living safely in your home.