Rodent Removal and Extermination in Danbury, Stratford, and Norwalk
Connecticut Pest Elimination, Inc are the rodent removal experts you need in CT
Mice and rats have been with humans since near the beginning of civilization. These relatively common pests love the indoors which provide warmth, shelter, and food.
Rodents can be a year-long, rather than seasonal, issue. This causes homes to require regular rodent abatement programs rather than a one-time rodent extermination service. Rodents can easily adapt to any environment and have colonized a variety of land masses on the planet. They have the ability to reproduce quickly, feed on many different types of food, and form behavior patterns to avoid predators, such as people. Rodents are also among the most significant pests to humans because of their ability to contaminate and spoil food. They spoil tons of food every year, which translates into billions of dollars lost in damages.
Do you have rodents in your home that are driving you crazy? The experts at Connecticut Pest Elimination, Inc can help you fix your rodent problem for good. Give us a call at 1-844-882-0554 or contact us online to schedule your free estimate in Stamford, Norwalk, Danbury, New Haven today!
"As Usual Tim Did A Great Job In The Rodent Department! Thorough As Usual..."
By Zoe W.
As Usual Tim Did A Great Job In The Rodent Department! Thorough As Usual. We Are Lucky To Have Him. Zoe Ward
"On Time And Professional!"
By Laura S.
On Time And Professional!
By Carol C.
"John Always Arrives Right On Time, Is Efficient And Very Pleasant"
By Carol C.
John Always Arrives Right On Time, Is Efficient And Very Pleasant
"Stoney Was Thorough In His Inspection, Setting The Traps Accordingly, And..."
By Karen U.
Stoney Was Thorough In His Inspection, Setting The Traps Accordingly, And Gave Me Solid Advice On How To Keep The Animals From Reentering My Yard. He Was Considerate Of My Dogs And Very Pleasant To Work With.
"Again, Steve Was Prompt In Keeping My Check Up Appointment. He..."
By Carol C.
Again, Steve Was Prompt In Keeping My Check Up Appointment. He Considerately Called Ahead To Confirm His Arrival Time. Terrific Progress Has Been Made Controlling Mice. The Problems Weren't As Big, Scary Or Difficult As I Imagined. Steve's Experienced Approach Made The Job Of Controlling Mice Simple And Effective. I Am Now Confident That Regular, Affordable Maintenance Will Keep My House Pest Free! I Would Recommend Using CT Pest Elimination To Anyone With Pest Or Insect Problems. It's A Big Relief To Know A Professional, Like Steve, Is Monitoring My Property. He Will Spot Potential Problems And Remedy Them. I Have Such Peace Of Mind Knowing That.
" The Bait Station Set-Up Was Done Efficiently And Thoroughly. Steve..."
By Carol C.
The Bait Station Set-Up Was Done Efficiently And Thoroughly. Steve Explained Everything Before Starting His Work. He Walked Us Through The House To Note Issues. Steve Does A Great Job Explaining The Rationale For All Work. I Actually Hadn't Thought Of Removing Pet Food Dishes At Night, Which Is Simple And Smart. He Prepared Us For Possible Dead Rodent Smells. We've Experienced That Smell Before But, We'll Ultimately Be Happy With The Outcome. I'm Already Relieved Just To Have A Mouse-Fighting Strategy. Our Thanks To Steve For Making This Process Easier Than I Expected.
- House mice are the most common type of home rodent.
- House mice are small slender, and as adults weigh less than an ounce. They have pointed snouts and large ears. Their smooth fur is usually light brown or light gray in color.
- House mice are color blind, but to compensate they have excellent senses of smell, taste, touch, and hearing. House mice are very curious and well-adapted for living indoors.
- They are found in homes, restaurants, supermarkets, food processing facilities, and other places. Their presence is especially prevalent in the colder months, following their indoor migration.
- The indoors provides them with all of the essentials – warmth, food, and shelter. Because mice are nocturnal animals, they are not usually seen during the day. Normally, their presence is given away by scratching noises in walls, or by their droppings, which are rod-shaped (usually 1/8″ – 1/2″ long, dark, pointed at both ends).
- Mice are able to squeeze through openings as small as a dime, which means once inside they may be free to roam anywhere in your home, such as in attics, wall voids, cabinets, closets, and on your counters.
The two most common types of rats in Connecticut are the Norway rat and the roof rat (a.k.a. black rat).
- Norway rats are large, stocky and robust rats that weigh up to 18 oz. They have a blunt snout and small ears that are covered with hair. The Norway rat can range in color from brown with scattered black, to gray to yellow/white. The Norway rat’s tail is both dark and pale.
- Norway rats are known for their extensive burrowing under building foundations and develop elaborate tunnel systems with an entrance and several escape holes.
Roof rat (black rat)
- The roof rat is sleek, graceful, and can weigh up to 9 oz. It has a pointed snout and has naked ears that are large enough to be pulled over its eyes. The roof rat’s smooth fur ranges from brown with scattered black to white grayer black. Their tails are uniformly dark.
- Unlike Norway rats, roof rats burrow very little. Instead, they are able to swing, jump, and climb. Roof rats normally enter and nest in upper portions of buildings.
- Have poor vision and are colorblind, but they have excellent smell, taste, touch, and hearing.
- Are suspicious animals, although they will explore their territory of 100 to 300 feet daily. Like mice, rats are found in a variety of places, including homes, food storage facilities, and restaurants, traveling anywhere they are able to find food, water, and shelter.
- Are able to gnaw through wood, lead, aluminum, copper, cinder block, and uncured concrete. Most of their activity is at night with the majority taking place just before sunrise and just after sunset.
- Have a strong social hierarchy where the largest and strongest gets the best food and harborage.
- Can enter a structure through one-inch openings.
- Reproduce rapidly. If you have just a pair in your home you could have as many as 90 rodents within 90 days.
Connecticut's reliable rodent removal and extermination contractor
Here at Connecticut Pest Elimination, Inc, our rodent abatement program can deal with any rodent infestation. We have a wide variety of traps, rodenticides, bait stations and monitoring devices available. We will conduct a thorough inspection to locate rodent entry points, and we will make recommendations for repairs to help prevent reentry. We may also advise you to eliminate certain favorable conditions that encourage rodent infestations.
Do you have a rodent problem in CT? We can have years of experience protecting homes in Stratford, Fairfield, Greenwich, West Hartford, Hamden, Meriden, Orange. Give us a call today at 1-844-882-0554 or click below to schedule your free estimate!