Rodent Removal and Extermination in Danbury, Stratford, and Norwalk
Connecticut Pest Elimination, Inc are the rodent removal experts you need in CT
Mice and rats have been with humans since near the beginning of civilization. These relatively common pests love the indoors which provide warmth, shelter, and food.
Rodents can be a year-long, rather than seasonal, issue. This causes homes to require regular rodent abatement programs rather than a one-time rodent extermination service. Rodents can easily adapt to any environment and have colonized a variety of land masses on the planet. They have the ability to reproduce quickly, feed on many different types of food, and form behavior patterns to avoid predators, such as people. Rodents are also among the most significant pests to humans because of their ability to contaminate and spoil food. They spoil tons of food every year, which translates into billions of dollars lost in damages.
Do you have rodents in your home that are driving you crazy? The experts at Connecticut Pest Elimination, Inc can help you fix your rodent problem for good. Give us a call at 1-844-882-0554 or contact us online to schedule your free estimate in Stamford, Norwalk, Danbury, New Haven, and nearby today!
"Mike is a very nice young man. He was persistent in getting rid of the..."
By Magaly M.
Mike is a very nice young man. He was persistent in getting rid of the rodents inhabiting my attic.
"As Usual Tim Did A Great Job In The Rodent Department! Thorough As Usual..."
By Zoe W.
As Usual Tim Did A Great Job In The Rodent Department! Thorough As Usual. We Are Lucky To Have Him. Zoe Ward
"On Time And Professional!"
By Laura S.
On Time And Professional!
"Gary Was Extremely Professional And Helpful. He Answered All My Questions..."
By Nancy B.
Gary Was Extremely Professional And Helpful. He Answered All My Questions And Did A Fantastic Job.
By David R.
West Haven, CT
"Thorough, checked everything; great service. "
By David R.
West Haven, CT
Thorough, checked everything; great service.
By Carol C.
"John Always Arrives Right On Time, Is Efficient And Very Pleasant"
By Carol C.
John Always Arrives Right On Time, Is Efficient And Very Pleasant
- House mice are the most common type of home rodent.
- House mice are small slender, and as adults weigh less than an ounce. They have pointed snouts and large ears. Their smooth fur is usually light brown or light gray in color.
- House mice are color blind, but to compensate they have excellent senses of smell, taste, touch, and hearing. House mice are very curious and well-adapted for living indoors.
- They are found in homes, restaurants, supermarkets, food processing facilities, and other places. Their presence is especially prevalent in the colder months, following their indoor migration.
- The indoors provides them with all of the essentials – warmth, food, and shelter. Because mice are nocturnal animals, they are not usually seen during the day. Normally, their presence is given away by scratching noises in walls, or by their droppings, which are rod-shaped (usually 1/8″ – 1/2″ long, dark, pointed at both ends).
- Mice are able to squeeze through openings as small as a dime, which means once inside they may be free to roam anywhere in your home, such as in attics, wall voids, cabinets, closets, and on your counters.
The two most common types of rats in Connecticut are the Norway rat and the roof rat (a.k.a. black rat).
- Norway rats are large, stocky and robust rats that weigh up to 18 oz. They have a blunt snout and small ears that are covered with hair. The Norway rat can range in color from brown with scattered black, to gray to yellow/white. The Norway rat’s tail is both dark and pale.
- Norway rats are known for their extensive burrowing under building foundations and develop elaborate tunnel systems with an entrance and several escape holes.
Roof rat (black rat)
- The roof rat is sleek, graceful, and can weigh up to 9 oz. It has a pointed snout and has naked ears that are large enough to be pulled over its eyes. The roof rat’s smooth fur ranges from brown with scattered black to white grayer black. Their tails are uniformly dark.
- Unlike Norway rats, roof rats burrow very little. Instead, they are able to swing, jump, and climb. Roof rats normally enter and nest in upper portions of buildings.
- Have poor vision and are colorblind, but they have excellent smell, taste, touch, and hearing.
- Are suspicious animals, although they will explore their territory of 100 to 300 feet daily. Like mice, rats are found in a variety of places, including homes, food storage facilities, and restaurants, traveling anywhere they are able to find food, water, and shelter.
- Are able to gnaw through wood, lead, aluminum, copper, cinder block, and uncured concrete. Most of their activity is at night with the majority taking place just before sunrise and just after sunset.
- Have a strong social hierarchy where the largest and strongest gets the best food and harborage.
- Can enter a structure through one-inch openings.
- Reproduce rapidly. If you have just a pair in your home you could have as many as 90 rodents within 90 days.
Connecticut's reliable rodent removal and extermination contractor
"First i'd like to say that once again Joel DAmicio has done an amazing job."
William C. of Trumbull, CT
First i'd like to say that once again Joel DAmicio has done an amazing job. Joel has once again gone above and beyond. He is extremely knowledgeable and really takes pride in his work. Joel even took the time to speak with my 4 year old twins about the dangers involving the rodent issue I am having. He truly was concerned about what type of traps he put down and bate he used to help with my issue. Joel is an all around great guy and truly an asset to your company. I would highly recommend Joel for any pest control service one might need. Thank You - William Carriere Trumbull CT
"He Is An Amazing Technician."
Diane R. of East Haven, CT
Between My Woodpile, Garden, Proximity To The Beach And Two Of My Neighbors Having Chickens, I Have An On Going Rat Problem. When I Found They Were In My House I Was Out Of My Mind. He Located Key Areas Where The Rats Are Living And Comes Regularly To Bait The Boxes. He Is So Knowledgeable, Professional And Thorough. I Was So Discouraged I'd Have To Stop Gardening Since They Were Eating The Tomatoes Faster Than I Could Pick Them. Stoney Guaranteed Me I'd Keep My Garden And Control The Rats. He Did Just That!! With Regular Visits, I Feel I Am Ahead Of Them, But Most Importantly, They Are Out Of My House. He Comes To Re-Bait Any Time I Think There Is Excessive Activity. I Am Not Ashamed I Have Rats. It Is A Product Of Living Near The Beach. I Tell Everyone, "If I Have Them, You Have Them." He Is An Amazing Technician.
East Haven, CT
Here at Connecticut Pest Elimination, Inc, our rodent abatement program can deal with any rodent infestation. We have a wide variety of traps, rodenticides, bait stations and monitoring devices available. We will conduct a thorough inspection to locate rodent entry points, and we will make recommendations for repairs to help prevent reentry. We may also advise you to eliminate certain favorable conditions that encourage rodent infestations.
Do you have a rodent problem in CT? We can have years of experience protecting homes in Stratford, Fairfield, Greenwich, West Hartford, Hamden, Meriden, Orange. Give us a call today at 1-844-882-0554 or click below to schedule your free estimate!